Copyright © oluwatosin
Design by Dzignine

Sunday, May 4, 2014

work experience week / intro

Work Experience Week (organized by Norwegian international school for years 9 & 10) is meant to give us not just a peek, but a full view of the working lives of those in careers that we one day hope to be in. 

I submitted a small piece of paper that said "Neurologist" to Dr Tayo, my head teacher, when he came round a couple of months ago asking us what we wanted to be when we grew up. And while he couldn't find me a neurologist specifically to work under, he did send me to a hospital. 

I've been reassured that it's a nice hospital, but I'm not that sure, as not only have I never heard of it, the name just puts me off (Obio Cottage Hospital). However, my uncle works there (and, if I recall, is practically the boss), so if I have any problems I'll be sure to tell him. 

I have high expectations (I always do, but the constant disappointment affects me greatly) for the hospital, and what I'm going to do, and I'm rather excited -- not excited enough to want to go. I'd much rather be preparing for my IGCSE exams, but it seems that I'm out of luck. I don't know where to go from here or even if I'll be able to start IB this September, but I'm praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment